Thursday, November 19, 2009

Week Ending November 19th

Trent is getting used to the new area.
"I went on exchanges from Monday til yesterday (Wednesday) evening. I went to Hazelhurst on Monday and that was fun. The missionary I went with is from a town called Mt. View WYO. So I talked to him about the cabin and stuff like that, which was cool. He is pretty cool. I have known him for a while. He told me I have to come to the mountain man rendezvous. His name is Elder Tims. Then on Tuesday we had zone conference and after that I stayed in Clinton. That was fun we played basketball and I had to guard a pretty big and strong guy. We had a sweet dinner appointment in Clinton with a member who is a cop. They fed us red beans and rice with elk sausage. It was good. Then I got back to Brookhaven at about 3 yesterday and went to a dinner appointment in the sticks. So all around a good week".

Trent is in a car area, but that also means biking too. He says his companion hasn't been really good at budgeting miles, so they will be doing more biking. The bike has been repaired though.

This past week while out tracting, Trent had a man tell him that he is a pagan worshipper for celebrating Christmas. He also told them that they break the sabbath by attending church. Crazy people! Trent said that he has been studying the sabbath day and "is prepared to bash. Just kidding, I don't like to bash".

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I can just hear him saying that!! Sweet Trent--talks a talk, but when it come down to it he's a big softy!