Saturday, June 28, 2008

Missionary Newsletter July 2008

So there's this mom of a classmate of Trent's who puts together a newsletter quarterly for the guys from Oly class of 2007. Trent just sent me his letter to include in the July edition and I thought I would post it here too. So here it is.

Dear ya'll,

Everything is going well down here in the south. I got called to the Mississippi Jackson mission. I left the MTC on March 26th. I have only been in Mississippi for one day though. I am serving in a place called Ruston Louisiana. It’s in northern Louisiana. The city is pretty small but La Tech is about 2 miles from my apartment and Karl Malone lives about 4 miles away from the apartment. It’s fun. The work is kind of slow right now because Ruston is a college town and it’s summer. But it’s really fun to be in the south. The people are just great. If you would have told me I would have been in the places I have been in I would have told you that you were a liar. But everything is going good.
Keep doing work!

Elder Knaphus

Thanks Karen for your work in organizing this newsletter! If there are any other missionaries that want to be included in the newsletter, email me or leave a comment and I can forward the info to you.

2 comments:

Suz said...

Hi Julie,
I love reading about Trent. If possible could we get a copy of the newsletter about the missionaries from Oly?

Thanks,

Suzanne

Julie said...

Suzanne, just send me your email and I will forward it to you. Mine is mjnappy@aol.com