Thursday, July 3, 2008

Week ending July 2nd


Trent made it through the Peach Festival, without even trying a peach. There were a lot of people there but no teaching as a result. Trent and his companion were teaching a guy who looked promising but he seems to have disappeared and they can't find him. Currently they are teaching a few others but nothing solid yet.

Regularly they check in on a lady named Sister London. She had been baptized but doesn't come to church anymore. She called the other day telling the missionaries that she had a bear in her front yard. Trent said they didn't pay too much attention to her call. Later while tracting a policeman told them to be careful there was a bear on the loose.
Sister London

Trent was nervous about an upcoming assignment. They had a man in their ward die. The missionaries had been asked to dress the body for the funeral. He was doing it on the afternoon of his p-day. Let's hope he reports on that next week!

Lastly, he says the temperature is the mid 90's, just add humidity. "It stinks, but is still fun."

1 comment:

Garr's Mom said...

I can believe Trent didn't eat any peaches. I have been trying to get him to eat fruit for five years! I hope the dressing of the dead guy goes well, I can't believe the experiences these boys get on their missions... who would have thought...