Friday, December 11, 2009

Week Ending December 9th

We received a short email again this week. We really aren't surprised by that at this point. Trent reports,

"well things are going pretty darn good. I am fine. No hurting, No nothing. It would take a long time to tell you the story. I will tell you the whole story on Christmas. All I remember is walking down the street in Hazelhurst, I was on switches, and heard tires make noise from braking and then waking up with a random guy and paramedics around me with no pain or anything. I tried to get up but they were holding me down. But I am fine now. The worst part of the whole thing was sitting on a back board for like 2 and half hours, it sucked. But I am fine now. I bet I've been the talk of the town the last little bit, but whatever. After it happened i took it easy for a little bit and slept quite a bit. Oh by the way good thing i am a missionary cuz those hospitals suck bad. I found a rock in my head 2 days after."


"I was thinking about yall on Saturday during Lights On. I'll bet you had a good time."


We have received a few emails, messages and phone calls from the mission president and a sweet man in Trent's area. President Tucker reports that Trent had to take it easy for a few days but was checked out by the mission doctor and is doing well. Brother Nation told us that Trent has had sore muscles and some headaches. Last Saturday he saw Trent and made him go home and lay down for a few hours. We are grateful for members who look out for our son!


It didn't surprise us much that Trent didn't say more or complain at all. I'm sure we'll have more info with the Christmas phone call. Or we might not know about it until March when he comes home. But we do know that we feel the love of our Heavenly Father and know that He knows us and is aware of us.

Here's a little picture sent to us by President Tucker of Trent in the ER. I can see why this part of the ordeal drove Trent crazy. He doesn't like to be held down.

2 comments:

Brad Neff said...

I've known about the rock in TK's head for a long time.

Brienne said...

Julie - I had no idea you had a blog - wait, like TEN blogs! I'll have to check your cooking one out every so often - maybe you need a primary blog too?? :) Just kidding. I can't believe Trent got hit by a car, that is nutso, that will be a fun story for him to tell in the future - glad he is ok. Also, glad to hear his letters are super short, my brother has been out 1 year now and we've never gotten an email longer than 1 paragraph. Those dang boys!