Monday, February 23, 2009

Week Ending February 18th

Trent's email started out a little bit unusual for him.

"Great story how I was in the hospital on Friday night." Not a great way to start an email. Trent and his companion were cutting through a park on their way home from an appointment. Elder Woodward took his bike off a five stair drop. With some prodding from Trent, he decided he could do it again, better. "So he hits it again and lands it. The petal snaps off. He goes over the handle bars and gets up and says, 'that hurt'. He thought he broke his wrist. We were checking it out and I said he got some dirt on his leg and lifted his pant leg up to find a lot of blood and a very deep gash." Elder Woodward needed 5 stitches. They needed to find a pharmacy after and didn't get home until 11:30 that night. We're happy all is well.

None of the investigators showed up at church this week. John has been sick though. Trent talked to him on the phone and he said that he is reading about 4-5 chapters in The Book of Mormon each day and is loving it. His friend told him he is going to get baptized and John said, "I know". Hopefully John keeps progressing.

Apparently the pulled pork worked great. Trent is also working on his red beans and rice for us. He will have it perfected by the time he comes home. "No beans from the can either"

"Tell everyone I love them"

5 comments:

Whatever Dee-Dee wants said...

We got a letter from Trent today. I will bring it by soon.

Brad Neff said...

Oooh... red beans and rice! I can't wait for that party. I love red beans and rice.

cdiddy said...

We received a postcard with a Seafood Gumbo recipe on it. Sounds like Trent has a plan for a big Southern style meal when he comes home ( one more year, wow ).

Anonymous said...

JuJu and Mark -

Reading Trent's letters takes me right back to my mission. What a great time and a great place for him to serve the Lord.

I wish you could secretly follow him around for an entire day. You would be even more proud of him as you would see him kneel in prayer, work hard all day long and serve his brothers and sisters.

- Brian

Mandy said...

ohhh i can't wait for some southern cooking! we also got a cute postcard from boxy saying how much he hates the devil but no matter what he won't win. it's really cute i will bring it to church