Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Week Ending January 28th

We received a short email this week. Trent sounds like he's loving the new area. They don't have tons of people to teach but are working hard to find more. It has been really cold. One night it was 29 degrees, not great weather for biking. He has been playing basketball on Wednesday nights with "members and nonmembers alike". He reported that "I play like my usual Matt Harpring self, missing every layup".

Trent is looking forward to Mardi Gras. Apparently there is a parade that passes right in front of his apartment. He also sounds like he has some plans for his birthday. It's right around the corner.

We also received an email from a family in his mission this week.

"Greetings from Shreveport! I am a member who hosts the Shreveport zone leaders in my home. The Bossier South elders, where your son is serving, are often over here. They are often here for Sunday lunch, and, this coming Sunday, he wants to cook some pulled pork for us. He asked that I email you to see if you could send him the recipe so that he can get it this week when he checks his email. I have a slow cooker that he can use if that's what the recipe usually calls for.

He's a great guy, and we appreciate so much you sharing him with us in Louisiana!!"

It's so nice to hear from people who see him. It means a lot to us. I'll report next week how the pulled pork turns out.

2 comments:

neffgang said...

It's really great to hear that Trent is happy and thriving in this new area.

I have no doubt he'll be a big blessing for those lucky people who answer the door when he knocks!

Garr's Mom said...

You are so lucky to hear about him. What a cutie!! I miss watching the boys play Jr. Jazz!!